So, it's the end of the original 30 days of meditation. The statistics:
* I did it on 28 out of 30 days. Did not do it on Disney day or the day after when it took all day and night for me to get home (long story).
* I meditated indoors on 21 days.
** I did it at my desk at work on 3 days.
** I did it in the Craft Center (the weaving room rarely has people in it) 3 times.
** I did it at home, out of bed, twice.
** I did it in bed five times. (*snicker* Yeah, I know what that sounds like.)
** I did it in my meditation class from work twice. Yeah, ironic that class only ran three times that month and one of them didn't even do meditation.
** I did it in my EC class twice, for class purposes.
** I did it in random places like Amtrak and the library twice.
* I meditated outdoors on 11 days but felt like I enjoyed it more then. The iffy weather in April had a lot to do with it because I did not want to try it on incredibly windy days.
** I did it in the arboretum 9 times.
** I did it outdoors outside of the arboretum twice.
* I meditated between midnight and 7 a.m. (i.e. in bed) on 7 days.
* I meditated between 7 a.m. and noon (i.e. when I got up in the morning or on a break from work) on 3 days.
* I meditated during lunch on 12 days.
* I meditated between 1 and 5 p.m. (i.e. break from work or it was a Saturday) on 5 days.
* I meditated between 5 p.m. and midnight (i.e. after work) on 5 days.
Things I learned that I didn't mention last time:
* Meditation helped me not kill the Amtrak staff.
* Not meditating during the days I didn't do it...well, I didn't miss it at all. And it was hard to get back on the wagon.
* Meditating while my mother around is really only possible if I do it while (a) I'm wide awake when I don't want to be, and (b) she's still asleep. This is a lot of why I missed the two days, plus I was incredibly busy.
* I should use my breaks during work for meditation more often. Especially since it bypasses any resentment of my wanting to use the entire hour to make yarn instead.
* I do not like meditating at home and mostly try to avoid it.
* Meditating indoors elsewhere works if you are somewhere where you are rarely interrupted.
* Am I improving? Who knows? I haven't been too mouth-foaming crazy (not since Tuesday!) overall, I guess. The last two days have been good, but I'm inclined to chalk that up to having class go really well yesterday and today's being some kind of hangover from it.
As previously mentioned, I'm going to attempt 100 more days after this. We'll see if I stick with it.
previous entry - next entry
archives - current entry