Christmas Meme 2
2009-12-24, 8:09 a.m.
1. What is your favorite holiday show/animated show?
Hm...I dunno if there's one favorite. I like Love Actually, Christmas Story, Home Alone, National Lampoon...the usual suspects, really.
2. What holiday character do you think you're most like?
Laura Linney's character in Love Actually, which is really sad. (What the heck is her name? Can't recall it.)
3. What holiday character does your spouse think you're most like?
Skipping that one.
4. Favorite Christmas/holiday song?
5. Most hated Christmas/holiday song?
I second Bozoette on The Little Drummer Boy. Why can't an actual drum be heard in this song? Seriously?
6. If you have an all holiday music radio station when do you start listening to it?
Whenever I'm in the mood, sometime during December.
7. If you have an all holiday music radio station do you love it or hate it?
I like 'em. Hell, I made my own this year.
8. Have you ever wrapped yourself as a Christmas present?
I'm not that good at wrapping, thanks.
9. Who is Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer's father?
Uh, what? This has never occurred to me.
10. Do you drive your neighborhood or one near you at night to look at other people's holiday decorations?
11. When you see a heavily decorated house do you think, 'oh that's lovely'? Or do you think, 'oh criminy, that looks like Christmas threw up all over their lawn'?
I think, "Man, I wish I could decorate my house so that everyone would drive by."
12. Are you counting the days to Christmas with excited anticipation or dread?
Dread, of course! I like pre-Christmas a lot better than actual Christmas.
13. When was the last time you had your photo taken with Santa? Did you sit on his lap?
2007 or 2008, I think, and no, no lap-sitting.
14. Do you make a Christmas list for your spouse or significant other or do you rely on them to pick your gift(s) without a clue from you?
I make a list, and then everyone ignores it and/or acts like a snot about it.
15. When do you put up your tree?
Whenever I get around to it, i.e. whenever I clean the living room first.
16. Real or fake?
Fake, at this point. They can stay up as long as they like, hold the heavy ornaments, and be tacky.
17. When do you take your tree down?
Around February. Not joking.
18. Do you shop the day after Christmas sales? What do you shop for?
Sometimes, mostly as a means of keeping Mom entertained. More like, taking stuff back though.
19. Is your work/office having a holiday party this year? Will you attend?
20. Do you have your New Year's Eve Plans set yet?
No, but I haven't had NYE plans since 1999, so I doubt I'll have any this year either.