The Same Old Meme
2010-12-30, 8:34 a.m.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Will I make more? Yeah, but I'll put that in another entry.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
More money would be nice. Unfortunately, this has to be answered with "a credit card."
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 2: passing the driver's test.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Driver's license. SIXTEEN YEARS, PEOPLE. Sixteen years of failing on this topic. That's half my life, yo. I actually got to the point of attempting the test right before my latest permit ran out, and failed within about 20 seconds. And then figured, "Okay, fine, this has taken forever anyway, it'll probably just KEEP taking forever, I should just assume I'll be taking this test over and over and over again." I saved all of the notes for the written permit tests (even though I literally took about two minutes to fill out the test last time), assuming I'd keep doing this over and over again.
Go figure that I will not be doing that!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Hm....well, I would have said flunking the first test.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, let's hope this streak continues.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
*shrug* No one object stands out.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Elsa, my driving instructor's, for sticking by my crazy ass.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My former friends flaking out. Mom for the usual crazy.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Same stuff as always: crafts and books.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Passing the driver's test.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier about some things, sadder about others. Beats me, really.
b. thinner or fatter
c. richer or poorer?
Probably slightly poorer/the same.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Angsting about work. Dealing with other people's drama.
20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
YEAH, RIGHT. I really don't think I am capable of doing it ever again.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
Okay, I'll link to every book over 4 stars on the booklog:
I Shall Wear Midnight, Feed, The Native Star, Last Night's Scandal, Only The Good Spy Young, I Know I Am But What Are You?, The Family Tree, Beyond Heaving Bosoms, Naamah's Kiss, The Spellmans Strike Again, Changes, Wild Ride, A Local Habitation.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
Driver's license. My own show!
28. What did you want and not get?
More books and yarn?
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went to the Scottish Games and turned 32.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My friend group not dissolving.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Tie-dye, or "giant walking color bomb." Same as usual.
33. What kept you sane?
I'm not sane.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
*sigh* I am over R.Pattz since he shut up and stopped dissing Twilight in public. Yawn. Now I am back to the same person as ever, who I won't say because I get tons of crap for this one. I do, however, find myself liking Matt Smith. Who empirically does not strike me as attractive, but definitely has that "adorkable" thing going on.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who did you miss?
My friend group.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Um... I have no idea on this one.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
"Whatever you're expecting, expect a surprise?"
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.