Half These Answers Are All The Same
2015-12-31, 4:50 p.m.
recently on Chaos Attraction
In other news, the goat got burned after Christmas, darn it and the Gentleman Caller, who normally won't go anywhere for New Year's (or so I've been told), is going out to dinner with us tonight. Huzzah!
Here I am with the same old meme again, though I'm thinking about stopping doing it in the future because I didn't have too many answers on it change. My years are the same.
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
The one resolution I said was to stop spending money. Sometimes I did that and sometimes I did not. I did get rid of some stuff this year, so there’s that.
I don’t think I give a shit about making any resolutions this year beyond finding another job, but that resolution is every year and not within my control anyway.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Another cousin of mine had a baby. I can’t say we’re “close” though.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Depends on your definition of close on that one, but someone I knew did die and that was rather a bummer.
5. What countries did you visit? None, as usual.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
Last year I said, “More money and a less stressful job where I don't serve the public. Also, a goal and a plan.” The same applies again because nothing changes.
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
None, apparently. It was another year.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Improv performances, and generally getting in less trouble this year than last year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Eh...same old, same old really. No giant one failure so much as same shit all the time.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Nobody comes to mind.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
People at work and a good chunk of my relatives.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Car repairs and craft fairs, that doesn’t change.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I am the same in all regards. Nothing changes. Well, I’m a bit happier regarding work at the moment, but that is going to go far, far away come this winter.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Keeping my mouth shut at work.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being myself, especially at work.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Petsitting, hanging out with an adorable corgi in a lovely house.
21. Did you fall in love in 2015?
Nope, and I never will again.
22. How many one-night stands? Yeah, RIGHT. Also, who actually answers this question?
23: What was your favorite TV program?
Parks and Recreation and Empire.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Eh, not really.
25. What was the best book you read?
New authors discovered this year that stood out: Rachel Schurig and E.M. Tippetts.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Book of Mormon and Hamilton. I listened to the Book of Mormon on repeat for 2 months and then two weeks later... well, still listening to Hamilton on repeat most of the time now.
27. What did you want and get?
28. What did you want and not get?
A goal, a plan, and a quieter, more lucrative job. Also, Hamilton tickets and a real vacation far away from here. I wanted to go see the Rose Parade floats live and in person this year (this is something that I could have done since for once I didn't have to work on January 2), but no dice.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Apparently I didn’t have any I mentioned as being super awesome. I wrote about The DUFF and Trainwreck and enjoyed them, but I wouldn’t say they’re new classic favorites. Oh, wait! I'm updating this hella late to mention Tomorrowland! I didn't write it up here, but that blew my mind.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 37 and went to the theater.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A more peaceful and lucrative job.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Same as usual except I did get to have colored hair for a bit.
33. What kept you sane?
Alcohol and distraction.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I have stopped fancying anyone and don't think I ever will again.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Harassment of women online, idiot Republican candidates.
36. Who did you miss?
Same people as usual. Merry moved away this year, so add her to the list.
37. Who was the best new person you met? Well, I didn’t meet her this year, but I have spent a lot more time hanging out with Meg and it’s been awesome. I have also met some interesting people at improv.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015:
I’d better please people or they’ll make my life hell.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Geniuses, lower your voices. You keep out of trouble and you double your choices.” --Aaron Burr, My Shot.