So apparently the notifylist stopped working and nobody said anything about it to me and I can't find anything about it. Grrr. Have now replaced with
Eclipse Birthday Year Chaos-O-Meter:
a tally of dramatic events from April 2005-April 2006.
"If an eclipse falls on your birthday, the year that follows certainly will be quite eventful. You may experience a big change in lifestyle or in one specific part of your chart." -Susan Miller.
"All hell's supposed to break loose when you're 27." -E.Jean Carroll.
- April 23: have "come to Jesus" discussion with Mom.
- June 19: Dad starts to stop swallowing very well at all.
- June 20: My cousin-in-law dies.
- July 11: Dad briefly goes into a diabetic coma and is hospitalized. Mom finally calls a home health care worker.
- July 30: Hospitalization, round 2. Am forced to come visit ASAP.
- August 12: Dad has surgery.
- August 16: Dad gets a feeding tube.
- August 22: Dad gets moved into a more permanent-ish hospital for long-term care.
- August 25: One aunt gets cancer, another gets hit by a car.
- September 14: My great-aunt dies.
- September 28: Dad's back in the ICU again.
- September 29: Mom is informed that Dad will never come home again and can't be "rehabbed" as promised.
- September 30: A family meeting with the doctors is scheduled.
- October 5: The family meeting happens, we are told Dad's life expectancy.
- October 18: My aunt gets her cast off, but needs a knee replacement.
- November 12: Grandma totals her truck and nearly misses blowing half the town to kingdom come. My aunt and uncle claim they will call adult protective services on her.
- December 6: Mom gets fed up and decides that we will NOT spend Christmas with Dad's side of the family this year. I am overjoyed and relieved.
- December 9: My best day of the year. Finally, good stuff happens to me! (In a normal year, this would probably not make this list. Nothing dramatic happened. But the rest of the year has sucked so bad... it has to be noted that this day really didn't.)
- December 23: My grandparents get forcibly put into a home after an ambulance had to be called when Grandma couldn't get up.
- December 30: More bad things happen to Dad, Mom gets a "talking to" from the doctors about how she should learn to let him go.
- January 9: Grandpa gets pneumonia. Grandma's living in another state in her head. Mom wants to be strung out Schaivo-style.
- January 13: Best day of 2006 so far.
- January 30-February 3: Got a new roommate and a raise. Woo hoo!
- March 2: Fall down go boom OWWWWW. May have cracked a rib and sprained my thumb, among other injuries.
- March 31 and April 12: I am due to get a new bank card. Two of them disappear into the ether. Perhaps that's trivial to mention, but it's REALLY BLOODY IRRITATING to operate in this world without a card, dammit.
previous entry - next entry
archives - current entry